Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's all downhill from here!

Found this adorable gift on Pintrest! You can read more about it HERE!

So the big 3-0 is here! I had grand plans of how I would celebrate this day; weekend trip to Vegas, day trip to Chicago with Hubs, the very least a night out with the girls at my favorite downtown piano bar! So how did I celebrate? Work, take Strip to ballet, back to work, and dinner at the kids' favorite restaurant because it was late and they were exhausted.

Was it the night I planned? No. Am I upset? Not really. I think I would have been more disappointed had I wasted the almost 11,000 other days of my life worrying about plans I'd made instead of enjoying the life I was living.

So in honor of me crossing that birthday off my list, I thought I'd celebrate by compiling a list of things I've done in the past 30 years (what's the opposite of a bucket list?). Here goes:

  • was born!
  • Hit all of my normal milestones
  • embraced total kidney failure
  • rocked dialysis
  • got the old kidney's working again
  • learned to water ski
  • sang my first solo in church
  • graduated kindergarten
  • learned to snow ski
  • took ballet
  • took jazz
  • took tap
  • felt my way through elementary school
  • wandered into middle school
  • got braces
  • performed in Carnegie Hall (finger cymbal duet, thank you!)
  • braces off!
  • performed in Constitution Hall
  • braces back on
  • traveled to London and Paris
  • High School
  • made the boys varsity soccer team
  • Opera company? Sure!
  • toured Germany
  • braces off
  • drivers license
  • Met Hubs
  • Learned to drive a zamboni
  • Accepted into colleges (yes, that's plural)
  • graduated High School
  • off to college
  • met a pot-luck roommate who could have been my twin
  • took some classes
  • took some classes
  • took some classes
  • Started working at a jewelry store (with grand plans of moving to NYC and working at Tiffany's while starring on Broadway and winning a Tony)
  • Adopted June Bug
  • declared a major (because I was running out of classes to take)
  • Received my GIA diamond certification
  • Finished up BA
  • Started dating Hubs
  • Internship
  • Graduated!
  • emergency appendectomy
  • Hubs proposed!
  • Off to Prague with UP for 2 weeks
  • got a job as a parapro
  • moved into an EBD classroom...
  • wedding plans started!
  • party, party, party!
  • married Hubs!!
  • Honeymoon in Mexico (Don't eat sushi down there. Ask Hubs why if you REALLY need to know).
  • moved to NC
  • Had Strip
  • Moved to South FL
  • Impulse bought a house in a city we'd never set foot in
  • met some fabulous people
  • went to Disney World
  • got a job
  • went to Disney World
  • Had Nugget
  • Went to Disney World
  • promoted (or working more hours!)
  • Went to Disney World
  • moved up North (bought our second house in a city we'd never set foot in)
  • met some more fabulous people
  • went to a pumpkin patch (a real one!)
  • picked apples from an orchard
  • got a job
  • first visit to Chicago
  • visited our first Christmas tree farm
  • went into anaphylactic shock
  • discovered I'm allergic to all food
  • played in the snow
  • taught my daughter to ride a 2 wheeler
  • promoted (or working more hours...)
  • continued hanging with fabulous friends
  • sang at a wedding in Disney World
  • 10 year high school reunion
  • more apples, more pumpkins, more Christmas Trees
  • Taught myself how to sew
  • volunteering at preschool
  • Said good-bye to June Bug
  • Said Hello to Zoe
  • Fought off a mouse in the house
  • started teaching preschool
  • Taught my kid to tie her shoes
  • Survived my child taking the bus
  • Settled into life and enjoying it
  • Taught my other kiddo to ride a 2 wheeler
  • Curve ball thrown and we're moving. AGAIN
  • Impulse bought our THIRD house in a city we'd never lived in
  • Went to Disney
  • Got a job
  • Met some MORE fabulous people
  • Went to NYC with my favorite 5 year-old
  • signed up Hubs, UP and myself for a half marathon
  • Went to Disney with just the kiddos (and lived to tell about it)
  • Started working more hours and a second job
  • Went to Disney
And I wouldn't change a single bullet point. Because changing one would mean changing all the ones after it. So, I'm really looking forward to seeing what the next 30+ bullet points have next to them!

No comments: