Monday, June 7, 2010

Matthew 7:1


One of my favorite Bible verses (and musical lines from rent!). For those not up in the New Testament (or on their broadway show tunes), the scripture reads, "Do not judge, or you too will be judged," (or if you want Rent, "let he among us without sin be the first to condemn, La vie Boheme!). Note to self: find that cd tomorrow! Love that show.

Anyway, the cul de sac was hanging out this evening and we began discussing a neighborhood kid. He is Strip's age, but is allowed to wander for HOURS on end. One day, he was playing with our cul de sac kiddos for a good six hours straight. Mom, Dad, family NEVER once came to check on him. So we teeter back and forth whether to call DFACS or just continue to be his surrogate family and at least we know he's semi-cared for.

So tonight was a story comparison night to see what we all thought. As we are chatting about the well-being of the neighborhood kids, Neighbor Chick and I sip on the dregs of our chardonnay. Well dregs for me, top of the glass for Neighbor Chick.

Nugget then looks at me and says he has to go to the bathroom. I tell him to go grab his new cars and we'd go in. N.C. and I start swapping stories about little boys peeing in yards. Ha, ha, ha. Three seconds later, Neighbor Hubs is pulling out of the driveway, so I call Nugget over next to me. He pulls down his pants and starts peeing in their grass.

Awesome.

We then look up and realize that the other 4 of our kids have wandered to the back of N.C.'s house, where there is no fence. I'm gathering the Little Whizzer and his toys when I spot Strip. N.C. and I ask where the other 3 kids are and she doesn't know (which makes sense as they are playing hide-and-go-seek). N.C. and I begin to lap the house until we find them only to start giggling at the sight of N.C. with a full glass of wine looking around the yard for three of her kids, of course, right after my kid peed in public.

Yeah. I got it God. None of us are perfect.

And if you'll excuse me, it's 9:30 pm and Strip and I are going to watch Alice in Wonderland. What? 5 year-olds should have bed times and not watch creepy movies past said bedtime? Opps!

No comments: