Monday, November 30, 2009

Gobble Gobble!


It's that time of year again! Thanksgiving! Which means we do the great Georgia Family Tour. Last year, we had a nice, quiet thanksgiving with BIL and SIL. We knew we would be either moving, just have moved or not moved yet, so we didn't make any plans to travel, but invited whoever to come hang with us in whatever state we were in.

This year, we took some time off of work and went to see all the fam. Hubs' side included an Awkward Family Photo shoot. No, there were no head tilts, collar pops or odd animals (or cabbage patch kids) posed with us, but there were a heckofalot of people dressed in black tops and denim bottom standing in a cotton field. When I was packing our stuff, Prissy Miss Strip walked in and said, "What is THAT?!" pointing to the black sweater. I reminded her that we were going to take a family picture while we were in GA and this was what she was wearing. After an extremely heavy, dramatic sigh, she said, "Well, can you pack me something else to wear for after the picture? Black is so boring." Thanks, Fancy Nancy.

Next stop was my family which included the challenges of an actual Thanksgiving dinner. I'm allergic to everything, and Ma is allergic to everything else, so planning meals is difficult to say the least. We finally decided the easiest thing to do would be to deep fry a turkey in peanut oil. Hubs was in charge of the deep fryer, and not only did he make a delicious turkey, he managed to NOT burn the house down or have to go the the ER. Woo to the hoo! We also had my cousin and her kids over which meant we had six sweet stair steps; F (5), Strip (4), C (3), Nugget (2), B (1) and G (newborn). I was really hoping that this day would make me want to kiss the doctor who performed Hub's vasectomy on the face, but it made me want to kick him instead. I held that sweet baby for six hours straight and had so much fun watching all the "older" kids play together. I was really hoping to stuff them all in the back of our car, but no dice. I was a breath away from snagging G, but the empty car seat by the door blew my cover. Oh well! Maybe next time!

No comments: