Thursday, April 29, 2010

Have you seen my rope?





I was at the end of it on Tuesday, but now, it's just gone. Thank goodness for the weekend and the return of Hubs!

The kids have been *normal* but they are driving my batty!!! Typical for their age, but they just feed off of each other and make me want to put myself in time out. But then, as I type this, Strip just said, "You have a beautiful face!" Redeeming moments, but mainly driving me batty.

Anyway, Tuesday night, Strip could tell I was stressed. As I was getting her ready for bed, this conversation happened:

Strip: Mom. Are you angry?
Me: No, I'm not angry, I'm just frustrated.
Strip: Why?
Me: I just don't understand why I have to ask you 47 thousand times to do something, then yell and scream and THEN you do what I ask. Why can't you just listen and do what I say the first time.
Strip: Well. Mom. I can't help it. YOu know, this is just the way God made me.

I think I bit a hole in my lip trying to keep a straight face. I told her that yes, God made her to be a sweet girl, but he also made her able to make good or bad choices, and lately, she hasn't been making good ones and that made mommy sad.

She said she'd work on it.

1 comment:

The Revell Family said...

Brooker pulls that same conversation with me often..."Mom are you mad?" "No Brooker" "Are you disappointed mom?" "A little Brooker." "Don't be disappointed mom, I'll do better next time!"