Saturday, January 22, 2011

BRING IT!


As I mentioned before, Hubs Zoe gave me the p90x dvd set for Christmas (if you've never heard of it, you can read more about it, and other beach body workouts HERE). I tried plyometrics with UP when he was visiting and WOW did it work you. I decided to try plyo again after Christmas, and WOW did it work me again.

After hobbling around for a few days after, Hubs was intrigued.

Hubs: So what did you do?
Me: Plyometrics. It's a lot of jumping around.
Hubs: Sounds tough.

I told him to try it and I was going to sit on the couch eating cake while he vomited on himself.

In the end, I decided to join him. Hubs was hooked. Next thing I know, we're at Costco buying bulk ingredients to make our morning smoothies, and he comes home with free weights, a door mounted pull up bar and two sets of resistance bands. I've created a monster.

And to add to it, he decided that we need to get up and work out in the morning before the kids get up. Nothing like kick starting your day at 5:30 AM with the hardest workouts ever.

We've almost completed week one and I LOVE IT! Insanely challenging workouts. Things I would never do or try otherwise. And it changes every day! Day one had me doing pull ups. Pull ups?! IN the words of UP, "When was the last time you did one of those?!" Ummm second grade maybe? Back when I was doing jump rope for heart? But I pushed through and finished the dvd. Next up was Plyo again. I was impressed that I made it through the entire dvd and didn't fall over!

Day three was chest and arms with an ab ripper. I remember the feeling when I was pregnant with Strip and my abdominal muscles separated. Ab ripper was kinda like that, just over and over again, constantly for 15 minutes. Day four was yoga and I was SUPER excited for this day. Hubs did really well on yoga, too (which kinda shocked me as he'd never done it before and this was NOT easy). This morning, we did legs and arms with an ab ripper, and while I've been sore all week, I feel good.

On top of the changing workouts, I like the people on the dvds doing it, too. Wanna know why? They are in incredible shape, but are sweating like crazy and shaking on some of the moves. There is nothing more discouraging than attempting to do pilates, shaking and dry heaving, and looking at four perfect girls, with perfect hair, not even breaking a sweat. You can almost hear them saying, "I could do v-ups all day!" through their smiling, clenched teeth.

I told myself I wasn't going to weigh during the first few weeks, but Hubs wanted to, so on day 4, we hopped on the wii. He was down 8.6 lbs.

My turn! Up 1.3. Yay.

It must be all of the muscle I'm ripping.

It's going to be a fun ride for the next 86 days!

No comments: