Monday, January 24, 2011

Not gonna bring it...

This morning was our "rest" day in the p90x week. So, Hubs got up at 5:30 and started poking/shaking me.

Hubs: Come on! We can do the stretching dvd. One hour of stretching!
Me: No. I'm resting.
Hubs: You don't want to do the stretch dvd.
Me: No, I want to sleep.
Hubs: FINE.
Me: Goodnight.

Hubs got up to stretch, and I so should have joined him. Strip, who had been in our bed since around 3 am, took Hubs' absence as an invitation to turn sideway. Zoe then turned into a dog blanket, stretching herself out across both of us. Nugget came in and wanted to chat. Then he wanted a tissue. I told him to go get some toilet paper out of the bathroom. Our bathroom doors are pocket/sliding doors, and Nugget loves to open and close and lock them while "playing Polar Express."

So he did.

About 5 minutes later, he wanted a tissue again, so I told him, again, to go in our bathroom and get some toilet paper. But, Mr. Polar Express locked the door and couldn't get it open. So he cried.

FORGET IT! I'M AWAKE!

I get the kids in the kitchen to have breakfast, serve up some oatmeal and was emptying the dishwasher. I was down to the last thing, a one cup Pyrex measuring cup, which slipped right out of my hands, crashing onto the tile floor. As I watched it fall in slow motion, I remembered watching a How It's Made about Pyrex. I think it was originally the brainchild of an engineer who was trying to protect the lights on a train (or something like that), and while it didn't work, his wife thought it would make rockin' bakeware. Boy was she right! It's virtually indestructible!

It is, however destructible, if you drop it on the cold, tile floor at 6:15 AM.

Yay.

Oh. Right before that happened, Nugget fed Zoe, but I could hear her lapping up water and not eating. Worried she was sick, I peaked around the corner to see that Nugget dumped 3/4 cup of dog food into her water bowl. I asked him to try again while I poured the dog food water down the disposal. When I turned it on, it made a HORRIBLE sound. I knew that the disposal that came with the house wasn't great, but I figured it could handle soggy dog food.

Ohhh, there's a spoon lodged in there.

This is such a Monday.

Hubs walked in as I shattered the measuring cup and offered to clean it up for me (THANK YOU HUBS!).

Before he got in the shower, he was going to weigh himself.

::Side Note:: Our scale broke a year or so ago, so we've been using the wii fit/board as our scale. I've gained every time Hubs has lost. Yesterday, I weighed and had gained 1.3 lbs. I was about to throw the board out of the window when it asked why I thought I had been gaining weight. Choices were along the lines of, "Eating too late," "Not exercising," "Late Night Snacking," etc, so I chose, "I don't know." Wii fit had the audacity to lecture me on the importance of exercising and how it can jump start my metabolism, blah blah blah. Oh, shut it, wii fit board.

Hubs asked if I wanted to weigh and I figured, why not. I had not worked out since yesterday and had a couple of glasses of red wine last night.

Down 3.6 lbs.

Wouldn't you know.

I highly doubt that I'll be able to tell Hubs, "No, I'm just going to sleep in and throw some stuff around the kitchen this morning. That will help me lose!" when the alarm goes off tomorrow, but we'll see.

No comments: