Sunday, March 7, 2010

Kid's art rocks!

This week in Strip's class they were studying Michelangelo and the Sistine Chapel. They talked about the artist, then how he painted the chapel's ceiling and they all got to look at some pictures of the Chapel. Then, they were all given a blank canvas, a smock and some paint and got to paint their own masterpiece inspired by Michelangelo. Here's Strip's work of art:




I complemented her on her use of color and the perfectly centered position of her masterpiece, then said, "So tell me about it!"

The perfectly reasonable explanation?

"It's Jesus doing a headstand because, I think, he liked to have fun sometimes, too."

I can't wait for this one to come home! I think it might be my favorite Strip Art so far!

Oh and, waving hello to all the weirdos who just found my blog by googling "Strip Art."

No comments: