Saturday, March 13, 2010

Still got that Magic!


She might be on to Santa but it's all still magical at Disney!

A few weeks ago, I was chatting with a buddy who works at Disney. One of his jobs is being in the Hoop-Dee-Doo musical review which we got to see him in a few summers ago. It was contract negotiation time, so I told him we'd send prayers his way the next afternoon. It just so happened that the meeting time was right after I picked the kids up from school, so as we were driving home, I said "We need to say a prayer for Mr J!"

Strip asked why and I explained what contract negotiation was, we said a quick prayer and moved on.

Yesterday, my elephant who never forgets, brought it up again.

Strip: Did you talk to Mr. J again?
Me: Who?
Strip: Mr. J. Remember, we said a prayer for him about his job?
Me: Oh! No, I haven't! I'll email him to see what happened.
Strip: I think he'll stay at Hoop.
Me: Really? Why do you say that?
Strip: Well, what else can a dancing cowboy do at Disney?!

I decided to let her keep the magic and assume it was perfectly normal that I went to college with a dancing cowboy, and not inform her that he also did a few other things around the House of Mouse. So glad she hasn't figured out Disney magic :-)

No comments: