Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Adopted!



After getting in late, putting the kids down and emptying the dishwasher, I festively poured myself a glass of green wine (pictured above) and checked petfinder.com to see how my baby was doing.


My puppy has been adopted as of tonight! Not sure if I'm happy or sad. I think sad. Nope, I know sad. Part of me hoped she would hold out until this summer, but I'm glad she has a forever home.

On another puppy related note, It's a girl! Meet Heidi:

My parents have welcomed a baby girl Schnauzer. She looks adorable and reminds me of a mix of our two schnauzers we had growing up, Franz and Charlie (who died 8 years ago today) and a little June Bug (check out the white paw!).
I was slightly concerned because she looks like Taylor's favorite chew toy (and is about the same size), but those two had a meet and greet this week and he didn't rip her stuffing out, so I think we'll be ok.



EDITED!
Oh good gravy!! In a more important, kid-related matter (2 legged), Strip is officially ready for kindergarden! We went to her school and registered her for elementary school. 5th graders are huge by the way. A gaggle of them wandered by while I was filling out paper work (two sheets less than the documents you have to fill out when closing on a house). They look scary.

Also scary? The giant school bus outside. Because Strip SO wants to ride it. In my car? 5 pt harness, but on the way to school? Just roll around in Old Yeller. The jury's still out on the bus stop.

1 comment:

Anna the GSD said...

Awww! How cute! She does kinda look like a chew toy though...

Petfinder is dangerous. Mom must limit her visits there or dad will de-voice her or something like that which means he'll leave. :(