Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sorry, I've been recovering

And while I was recovering, we had a natural disaster IN the house. But more on that later.

So last week was Neighbor Chick's birthday, and we all planned to go out Saturday night. After spending an eternity trying to figure out what to wear (black sweater with the purple cami, or the purple sweater with the black cami? I really need to shop more.), I finally decided on sweater, skinny leg jeans and some HIGH heels (not the ones pictured above. Those are Louboutin's. Mine were some clearance kicks from Macy's). This was fine seeing as how plans were to have dinner, walk around a little and come home. Then, along came Usher.

We finished up our YUMMY dinner and thought we'd hit some bars and look for some good, local musicians. We were in the young, hip part of town. It was at this moment I realized I didn't have my ID.

Hubs: Seriously?!? What were you thinking?!
Me: I was thinking we were all going to pile into my mom-mobile where my license is.
Hubs: How did you think you were going to get in anywhere?
Me: Well, I planned on going out with a group of 30 somethings, not barely 21 year-olds so I was thinking I'd be ok.

I began to frantically dig through my wallet as we approached the first place, when VICTORY!

Here it is!! It was right here between two coupons for frozen veggies!!

If that doesn't scream, "You're out of your element" (or, "Clean out your wallet!") I don't know what does. Glowing with the triumph of being able to prove I belong here legally, we walk around. No room at the pool table, so we move on.

Next place is fine, but I realize, due to allergies, I am totally going to be that girl who is drinking wine at a sports by. I don't want to be that girl. I'm not even sure they had a glass they didn't have to literally blow the dust off of. We left that place and were walking around. We had given the birthday girl some swanky Riedel wine glasses and thought we might go back home, open a bottle of 2buckchuck and test out the new glasses.

And then, along came Usher.

We were walking to the car when out of a bar we hear an oooolllddd Usher song playing, and Neighbor Chick screams, "I LOVE THIS SONG!! COME ON, WE'RE DANCING!!!"

I'm not a dancer. I take that back. Ballet and ballroom? Fine. Dancing in a club/bar? Not so much. But apparently, being sober and hearing old school music while surrounded by college kids is all we needed to dance like rock stars.

We glanced at our watches and it was 10:30. Ugh. Looks like an early night. We left the Hubses (Hubi?) holding our bags and went to the ladies room.

And then, along came Michael.


We cleared the dance floor and danced like maniacs, then it was all down hill from there. Every song seemed older and older, which of course, we loved even more. At one point, I requested a little Abba for us. Every time we would get ready to leave, another song that we just loved would come on and we'd head back to the dance floor.

We finally pulled ourselves away even as another "favorite" was playing and checked our watches to start doing our babysitter math.


How could it be that late? We only danced to a couple of songs... Oops! By the time we made it to the car, my feet hurt so badly, I wanted to take my shoes off, but was scared I'd never be able to stuff my pigs back in them! We walked the sitters home, apologizing profusely for being SO late and called it a night.

The next morning, it hurt to walk. Dancing like a fool in heels for 3ish hours = best workout ever. Strip told me Babysitter let her stay up late which warmed my heart thinking that she didn't just toss her in bed so she could watch tv. Then we went down to the basement and discovered that she had cleaned up all the toys, even though they didn't play down there. LOVE our sitters. Hubs said he wasn't surprised, she must have been bored out of her gourd waiting on us to get home!

We couples made grand plans to go to Vegas sometime for a long weekend, but seeing how it took me two days to be able to walk upright and stand without grunting, I'd say we need some going out practice before the trip. I also fell promptly asleep the next night on the couch at 9 pm. Yeah, we need more practice.

No comments: