Saturday, March 21, 2009

Oh my. The world is coming to an end!


So hubs was cleaning out the basement and found some tapes that don't fit in our video camera.  He suggested taking them back to wal-mart to swap them out for something else.  And we've all heard the joke about Wal-Mart taking EVERYTHING back, including dirty diapers, so Nugget and I headed over to Wally World.  

The girl behind the counter called her manager over, which has never happened to me before, but then, the manager scanned the tapes and said, "I'm sorry, but these didn't come from here so we can't take them."  WHAT?!?  I wasn't mad, because honestly, I have no idea where they came from, but wow!  I'm kind of proud of Wal-Mart for actually enforcing a return policy.  I never thought I'd see the day when something, unopened and unused was refused at the return counter at Wal-Mart.  WOW.

But, wait, there's more.  I'm not really a Wal-Mart fan.  I'm just not.  However, after the move, we had to switch banks because there aren't any branches here for our old one.  We are just now getting all of our old accounts closed when we find that we have a bazillion points from our old debit card.  Hubs had the good idea to use them to get a new dvd player for the car since we have some big road trips coming up.  I agreed, but the one they had in the catalog didn't look that great, so I suggested getting a gift card at one of the stores and buying it there.  And who was the only retailer with a dual screen auto dvd player?  You guessed it!  Wal-Mart.  

While I was waiting for the gift card to get here, I went into our store to see if they had it in stock.  They didn't, so I figured I would order it online.  We got the gift cards in the mail yesterday, so I hopped online to place the order.  W-M has free shipping to the store, and I thought, "Oh wow!  That's nice!" especially if you have ever ordered something from Target.  Good grief, you would think they were having to ship and elephant, not a cd.  Their shipping charges are crazy.  So back to Wal-mart, the estimated shipping to the store gave a range that on the later side would put it after we left for big road trip 1, and I didn't want to take that chance.  So I thought I'd suck it up and pay the slowest shipping which estimated it arriving the Tuesday before we left.  Perfect. So I click on it to update my cart, and it adds in the shipping for a whopping $.97.  Yup.  LESS THAN A DOLLAR to ship!  

That's when the unthinkable happened.  Before I could stop myself, I uttered the words, "Oh.  I love you Wal-mart!"  GASP!!  What next?!  Am I going to be falling in love with Graco strollers?!  Yikes!  

But wait!  There's more!  I'm checking email this morning, and I get a shipping notification.  Hubs asks when it will get here and I said that it would probably be a week at the earliest.  He told me to track it, but I had not because I'm an over tracker and normally track packages too early and get some message about the package being delivered in San Diego because the recycled number hasn't updated.  Of course, I check it anyway and it says, "Scanned out for Delivery."  Hmm that's funny.  And it even has our city as the destination.  I go to he detailed tracking, and sure enough, it's being delivered TODAY.

Slap a blue vest on me and call me a greeter, because I think I've just fallen in love with the low price leader.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I totally giggled at "falling in love with graco strollers." Some have, not so subtly, called me out on my addiction to high end strollers. And, I've been quoted saying "I am not going to have another baby until Bugaboo comes out with their double."

I was semi-serious.