Monday, July 13, 2009

He's still trying to kill me.

But he disguises it so sweetly. Just like last time, hubs did something nice for me, but I really think he's trying to get rid of me. He went to our Wal-Martish store to pick up some stuff for the 4th of July cookout, and noticed I was running low on chocolate syrup. Lovingly, he picked up a bottle of the Wal-martish brand. For the past couple of weeks, I've been popping clairitin like candy, but just figured it was from being outside or dog hair.

Until today.

Hubs lovingly woke me up this morning at 6:15 to say, "QUICK! I forgot to take the kitchen bag of trash out and I cleaned out the fridge. Can you run it down to the curb?" I stumble out of the house and stumble back up the drive where I plop down on the couch to catch 15 more minutes of sleep. Hubs leaves, and the kids are up, so I pull myself over to the fridge to grab some milk. Awesome. No mocha for mommy chick. I call my neighbor to see if I can give her a diet coke for 8 oz of milk, but she's not there. I feed the kids breakfast, get everyone dressed and head out the door for a gallon of milk.

When we get home, I grab the chocolate from the fridge, and since I'm a little more cohearant, I glance down and see the back of the bottle with the ingredient list:
  • High fructose corn syrup
  • water
  • corn syrup
Yup. Those were the first three ingredients. Awesome! I called Hubs to let him know I was on to him.

Oh, but I think he really does love me, because yesterday, these popped up in the front yard:

My favorites! He and Strip planted some while they were having their gardening day a few weeks ago, but didn't tell me. Love them!

No comments: