Thursday, July 2, 2009

It was bound to happen.

We were putting the kiddos to bed last night, Hubs with Nugget, me with Strip.  As Strip and I were diving into another chapter of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, I hear Hubs clomping up the steps.

"Look who wandered down stairs," said Hubs.  "HI MOM!" said Nugget.  I told Hubs it was fine and I would be in charge of putting him back in bed.  We went down stairs and I did a couple of loads of laundry, made an applique to put on a pair of frilly panties to match Strip's dress and finished up Nugget's outfit.  As I was putting laundry away, I stopped to listen, and all was quiet.

Until this morning.  At about 6am, Hubs woke me from a beautifully deep sleep with those five sweet words, "Come look at your son."  I stumbled into the hallway and noticed lights on downstairs, but Hubs directed me into Strip's room.  There, I found Nugget happily playing with all of her toys.  When he saw me, he grinned and said, "Mamma!  LOOK!  Ice cream!"  Awesome.  We had a chat, cleaned up the toys, then he went back to his room for 10 min.  We came downstairs, and obviously, he'd already been down there, too.  Two chairs were missing from their little table -- one positioned under the light switch (now on), the othere pulled up to a counter (maybe he was looking for food?

I made him clean everything up, and we had another chat about staying in your room until mommy or daddy come get him, then he was off and running.  Ugh.  It was only a matter of time, but I still feel like we need to put bells on his door and an alarm on all the doors and windows!

No comments: