Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Home again, home again, jiggity jig!

Strip is back!  We picked her (and her 9 million pounds of stuff she brought back) up yesterday and headed home.  It took about 96 seconds in the car for me to realize how quiet it was without her :-)  Jabber Jaws chatted about her 2 week adventure the entire drive home.  I managed to get both kiddos in and settled with a snack so I could unload the car.  Then it was time to start on dinner.

In the time it took me to make Arroz con Pollo, Strip had managed to go up stairs, change into her Snow White costume and destroy her room (there is no doubt that this kid is mine)!  Then, both kids started running laps around the kitchen, screaming, scaring and laughing at each other.  I think I missed that sound the most!  We made it through dinner and bedtime just fine, but around midnight, Strip woke up TICKED OFF that I had not read her stories (she picked Hubs to read to her).  I got her settled in bed and she wanted water, so I got her froggy cup from the bathroom.  "I WANTED MY PRINCESS ONNNNNNEEEEE!!!!"  Ugh.  Then came the terrified screams about spiders coming down from the ceiling and bugs crawling on her.  She finally dozed off, but sleeping with her is like sleeping with and octopus doing an imitation of a helicopter -- arms and legs everywhere.  

Morning came too soon, but there was JUST enough coffee for me to make a cup this morning, so I might make it through the day.  I think I'll take them to the pool to tire them out, so I can get something done this afternoon!

No comments: