Monday, October 6, 2008

Call me insane


Albert Einstein is attributed with saying, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Call me insane.


Because it never fails that a rainy day will come along, and with nothing to eat and not wanting to drag kids to the store, I call Papa. Why? Because I think it will be easy to order a pizza. It never is. Something always gets messed up and Papa apparently never heard a little something called the customer is always right. Because of their screw-ups, they so sweetly gave me a coupon good for a FREE 2 liter bottle of coke. Get excited!




We closed on our new house today, so I thought, What the heck! Live a little! Order the pizza and get yourself that FREE bottle! You deserve it.




So I call, place the order, tell the gal that I want the special Tuscan cheese pizza for $12.99. Then I tell her about my coupon. She gets my info and and tells me my total is $19.97.




Whoa.



I remind her about my bad experience coupon, and she says,



"Well, to get the free coke, you have to get a pizza at regular price."
I tell her I have no desire to spend $5 on a free coke. She stammers, a little confused and asks if I want to order anything else. I told her to take off my FREE $5 coke and just give me the pizza at the lower price.
It should be here in an hour, and I'm sure there will be spit in it.





No comments: