Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat!


Yay for Halloween! Nugget and Strip had fun. Nugget was a lion and had a fantastic roar and Strip was Fancy Nancy. She love the FN books, so were were super excited to find all of the Fancy Nancy dress up stuff. The doggy was a good sport and was her "Posh Puppy."


When we decided on FN for a costume, Strip asked if we could go to the library and get a movie of FN. I said I didn't think there were any FN movies, but we have all the books. What's the deal? No, she said, I need to watch the movie so she could hear how FN talked. I didn't know what the heck she was talking about, so I told her FN was a little girl like you, so she probably talked a lot like you do, but we can read the books when we get home.


Sigh.


Then it hit me! She was trying to get into character. HA! So when we got home, Ma and Strip plopped on the couch and read FN books working on their French. Strip had her act down. She would say, "Oh la la!" when she got candy and "Au revoir!" when she was leaving. Super cute.


Well, not everyone in the 'hood is a reader, so she kept getting, "Oh! What a cute little princess you are!" Strip, not being shy would look them dead in the eye and say, "Actually (her favorite word) I'm Fancy Nancy. It's a book." but the condesending tone in her voice was hilarious!

No comments: