Monday, October 20, 2008

She's out to get me


Last weekend, we did a Disney trip. Husband flew back, and the kids and I drove to the Parents house. I had not driven the way we were going alone before, but felt like I knew the route well enough. And never fear, I had Magellan, or as we call her Madge leading the way with her little green route line and calm, reassuring voice, I knew it would be a smooth 400 + miles.


I think it would have been, had Madge not been trying to kill me. Maybe it's because she really belongs in Husband's car and felt I was just using her. I don't know. Things are going smoothly, I'm rockin out to a little talk radio, kids chillin in the back seat when she pipes up


"Exit in 2 miles, Martin Luther King Blvd."


Ummm what's that Madge? I thought I stayed on this road for 2 more hours. Hmm.


"Prepare to exit. Martin Luther King Blvd"


No thanks Madge. It's a rough city, and that just doesn't sound right. I'm going to go on up to the next exit.


"Calculating route"


Atta girl


"When possible, make a legal U-turn"


Crap, Madge. Maybe you were right. Traffic slows, so I do the turn by turn directions to see what she's up to. Madge wanted me to exit on MLK, drive 4 blocks and hop back on the interstate. Uh no thank you. Thankfully I had my trusty new phone that also has navigation, so I checked it for backup where it was confirmed. I'm right, Madge is wrong. I turn Madge off for the rest of the drive.

No comments: