Friday, September 24, 2010

House Rules


Last weekend, the kids and Hubs were in the basement cleaning. I walked half-way down the stairs to toss them a few more toys, and Hubs met me in the middle. He then started play fighting/tickling me so Nugget would come over to save the day.

The end.

About 15 minutes later, Strip comes upstairs and announces, "We have a new rule for our house; No pushing mommy down the stairs!" That's a great rule! She then hands me a piece of paper that illustrates her new rule:




(Sorry, I can't get the picture to flip. Just tilt your head to the left)





Glad she didn't draw that one at school.

After looking at it for a few seconds, I asked,

Me: Who's who?
Strip: That's Daddy on the lower step, and that's you.
Me: Oh, well, what's this (points to the large circle between "my" legs and torso)?
Strip: That's you!
Me: yeah, but what's that? My belly?
Strip: Yes.
Me: Why is it so big?
Strip: I don't know, Mommy, that's just the way God made you.

Kids always have a way of making you feel good about yourself. Looks like I need to dig that free month at Weight Watchers out of the trash!

No comments: