Wednesday, September 22, 2010

This blast from the past, brought to you by Google (and Hubs).

The moment we've all been waiting for! Premiere week! WOO HOO!! We kicked it off right last night with a "Wine and Glee-se" party on the big screen with Hubs, me, Neighbor Chick and Jewish Neighbor Chick (waving hello/Shalom!). Neighbor Hubs came out eventually, but he was kind of sleepy.

It rained today, so Hubs said the big screen was a no-go. Hello?! RainED. Past tense. Not raining now! Put it up!! Hubs won, and we watched Modern Family on our normal screen. While watching Hell's Kitchen, an ad came on for a new movie about owls. I have no idea what it's about or what it's called, but it's been creeping Hubs out.

When it came on tonight, he had a flashback.

"Hey! Do you remember that cartoon when we were little? It was about rabbits? And they were in a field? 1/2 were mean and 1/2 were good? You know what I'm talking about, right?"

Blank stare.

Although at that moment, all I could think was, "Mary D. would TOTALLY know this movie." Do you know what he's talking about?

Anyway, I had no clue what he was talking about, so Hubs throws out the, "Oh, it might have been before your time." That whopping 4 years.

He was totally right.

I unleashed my google power and within 9 seconds, I had the answer. I should really work somewhere that can use my power of google for good. Anyway, I found a Q&A forum that had this:

"Me and my sister have been racking our brains trying to figure out the name of a cartoon movie that came out in the early to mid 80's about these rabbits. The movie was a dramatic cartoon that featured good and bad rabbits. One of the bad rabbits I remember had a scar and there was a good rabbit who was very badly beat up in one scene. Seems like he was trying to get carrots from this patch or something. It was a very good movie although it has been so long ago, I dont remember much of it. If you know what it is, you can also please email me at .......k you so much."

As I read the question aloud, Hubs enthusiastically agreed that this was TOTALLY what he was talking about. Scroll on down, and we have our answer.


Watership Down

Another quick google provided me with the promo video. I can't bring myself to link it, but here are some pictures that pop up with a google image search:



If that doesn't scream, "Happy Saturday Cartoon Day," I don't know what does.

2 minutes into the promo, all I could think was, "How in the world did we get on this topic?!" and just then a random owl swooped down and ate a rabbit. Well there ya go.

Watership Down has now been moved to the top of our Netflix queue. I don't think we are going to incorporate it into Family Movie night, but I am going to watch it. Does anyone else out there know this creepy movie?!

No comments: