Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Beauty: It's in the eye of the beholder

What makes someone beautiful?  

Nugget, Strip and I had to run some errands during our super busy day Tuesday, and one stop was to the cell phone store.  Both kids were EXHAUSTED and AT&T wireless was not on their list of fun activities for the day.  We just had to exchange something for Hubs, so we had a nice pep talk in the car about how we weren't going to touch anything and we'd be in and out and eating cake balls in no time.

We walk in, and the lovely greeter girl greets us at the door.  I tell her what we need and she gets a guy to find the screen protectors Hubs needs for his new phone.  I get the kids settled on a bench, but Nugget is having way too much fun trying to flip off the back of it.  Dude finally finds what I (think I) need, but there is a difference in pay, and they owe me, but they can't give me cash, yadda, yadda, yadda, and I'm running back and forth between the bench with my cirque du soleil  offspring and dude with the screen protectors.  Greeter gal tells me, "they are fine!  Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on them!" so I finish my business and gather the monkeys.   Greeter Gal lovingly tells the kiddos bye and we are walking out of the door.

Strip:  She was lovely, wasn't she?
Me:   Yes, she seemed very nice.
Strip:  I bet she makes lots of good choices and NEVER picks her nose.
Me:  Umm yeah.  You are probably right!


No comments: