Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tic tac vs painkillers

vs




I've done something to my back.

It feels like someone's smacked me in the tailbone with a metal pipe (no one has, although at the med stop, the nurse did ask if I was in a domestic violence situation while eying a large bruise just below my knee. Again, no clue where that came from).

I'd been telling myself it was nothing since Thursday, but today, when it took me a good three minutes to stand up, I decided it was time to call the doctor. Problem? I don't have "just a" doctor. Come to think of it, I haven't had just-a-doc since I lived with my parents. I guess when you see so many -ologists, a primary care just seems silly.

Hubs has one, so I called there to see if he could see me. Just-a-Doc didn't have an opening for a new-patient, so I ended up going to he med stop (not the er, but not wallgreens). The doctor was super nice. But, because I didn't have some catastrophic event to pinpoint it, we really didn't have much to go on, so the plan is, painkiller/muscle relaxers for 2 days. If I feel better, great! If not, back in for mri/x-ray/bone scan to see if I have a fracture.

Really?! Fracture in my back? I am way too young to be falling apart like this! I recently joked with a friend of mine that God put our group together for a reason; if we put together all of our functioning parts together, we might actually make a person.

I took my first muscle relaxer at 5. It's been almost 4 hours and nadda. So what's the difference between tic tacs and painkillers? At least with tic tacs, you get fresher breath.

No comments: