Thursday, January 28, 2010

Crazy Shirt Day

Today is Crazy Shirt Day for Strip. I picked her up yesterday and we headed over to Goodwill to find a plain shirt to make crazy. I was all excited because there was a big sign that said "BLUE items 50% off!" and even though we were at Goodwill, I still love a deal, so opted for a nice, plain blue long sleeved shirt. News flash: blue TAG. Tag, not color. Oh well. We forked over the $1.99 and headed home. Strip asked if we were going to church and I asked if she wanted to.

Not really. Maybe. If I can play in the nursery with Nugget.

So we decided to stay home (the kids worked with me Tuesday night, so we didn't get home until 9:30 and I knew they were exhausted) and make it into a game and craft night. Good call, too because about 6 minutes into spaghetti, I had this:


Bless his heart! He was able to perk up in time for games. Guess Who (the disney version), Memory (which Strip is freak-good at) Hot Potato (where both kids cheat) and princess dominos (I won that one! Waa hoo!). I put Nugget to bed as Strip snuggled into her pjs. Then I gathered all of my art supplies, spare ribbon, sequins, etc and spread everything out on her little table.

Have at it!

Half hour later, and her masterpiece was complete. Ah tah!


Or more like, "AHHHHHHHH!!!!!" I controlled my "AHH!" and gave her an Ooooh asking her to tell me about it, because to me? It looks like a zombie spewing blood out of it's mouth and eyes (yikes! Maybe I should have gone with Mr. Rogers' dealing with your feelings book!) Obviously it's an Easter egg sticking out her tongue like this ::pull your mouth apart with fingers and stick out tongue::. Whew!

I'll be interested to see if there is any glitter/paint/ribbon left on the shirt at the end of the day!

No comments: