Saturday, January 16, 2010

Preschoolers and Potty Training make for great conversations

Happy Saturday!
As a follow-up, unbeknownst to me, Hubs HAD put Nugget in a diaper, so no late night/early morning laundry session for me. Yay!

Hubs headed downstairs early and I put my head under a pillow in an effort to appear asleep so everyone would leave me alone for an extra hour. It did not work. Strip came in to ask if it was ok to play in her room. "Sure, just be quiet so you don't wake up your brother."

Tiptoe, tiptoe, tiptoe, tiptoe, "HEY SUE!!"

Great. The pitter patter of footie pjs came in my room, followed by a floodlight in my face as Nugget instructed, "IT UP, MOMMYYYYYY!!!"

I told him to turn off my light and go play with Sue. And it worked! But by this time, Sue was in the bathroom, so after Nugget leaves, I hear this conversation:

Nugget: Oh. Hi Sue! Oo in tub?
Strip : Nope. I'm just going to the bathroom.
Nugget: Oh! You SQUEEZE big poop out?
Strip: No. Just have to pee pee.
Nugget. Oh.
Strip: But don't worry, I'll probably squeeze a big poop out later. Maybe when we go downstairs.
Nugget: Ok!!

Ew. Way too early for that conversation.

No comments: