Thursday, January 21, 2010

They grow up so fast!


This could be about my darling daughter who just received a glowing review at her preschool parent-teacher conference and is ready to move on to kindergarden, but it's not. It's about my first born:



June Bug!

Hubs celebrated his birthday recently, so the discussion of whose birthday comes next came up. After railing off the family names and dates, I stopped and said, "No! June Bug actually has the next birthday!" She was a pound puppy (the greatest dogs there are!) and I got her in the summer of 2000. I was told she was born in March, so my baby, first born, regal-beagle will be TEN YEARS OLD soon (I like to say March 12th is her birthday. Just feels right!).

According to an online human-to-dog years calculator I found (oh yes, there are many out there! Go google for yourself!) that's 53. My little lady is getting on up there. So we will be having a party this year, on March 12 to celebrate a decade with my favorite pup.

No comments: