Friday, February 13, 2009

Angels, Devils and Weight Watchers

I broke down and joined weight watchers on line last Monday.  I was trying to lose these last few pesky pounds with spark people and Jillian, but it just wasn't happening, so I signed myself up for the three month deal.  I've done WW before, but it got to the point where I was paying $11 a week to hear, "you've gained a half a pound," then driving to TCBY where I would cry in my yogurt.  But then I found out I was pregnant, so I quit going and switched over to ice cream.

It's "fun" now because I can track everything on my phone/computer so at least I'm staying motivated that way.  BUT, it leads to some SERIOUS conversations with myself.  Take Wednesday afternoon for example.  I had left the allergist with Nugget and we were heading to the pharmacy to get my script filled for the epi pen.  I figured it wouldn't take that long, so we went in and browsed around.  UGH.  15 minutes turned into 45, so by the time we left, we were both a little cranky and had about 37 minutes until we needed to pick up Strip.  And here comes the conversation:

Devil:    You should totally swing through McDonalds
Angel: What?!  McD's isn't even on the way to school.  Just go home 
and fix lunch.  Besides, do you KNOW how many points there 
are in a McNugget?!
Devil:   Oh pipe down.  Who cares?!  Go to Chick-fil-a, then.  That's 
better for you.
  Angel:  No!  There is no need for that.  Just go home.  If you really 
want chicken, there's some in the fridge you can heat up.
Devil:  Yeah, but by the time you go home and heat it up, it will be
 time to leave.  DRIVE THROUGH
Angel:  You have plenty of time!  Go home, relax and have a glass 
of water while you are at it.
Devil:  Drive through.  You've only had a mocha this morning and 
that's 4 points total.  And you left 1/4 of it in the car.  Look 
at it.   there's one point right there in the cup holder.  That's 
the same as a little thing of sauce a chick-fil-a.  Do it.
Angel:  Do you have any cash?
Devil:  What?
Angel:  Do you have any cash?
Devil:  No, but what does that matter?!
Angel:  If we don't have cash, we don't buy it.  That's the rule.
Devil:  Please.  You just slapped a $35 co-pay and an epi pen on the 
debit card.  What's a number 3  four count with a coke and a 
kids meal going to hurt?
Angel:  Stop it.  Just stop it.  That's EXACTLY why you shouldn't go!
Devil:  Pipe down, wings.  She just got an epi pen and has to cut out 
cake.  I think this calls for some fast food therapy.
Angel:  No.  Plus you don't even know what they are serving for 
dinner tonight.  Think of that yummy bottle of Shiraz you 
have at home.  2 points per glass are waiting for YOU tonight.  
If you over eat at lunch you will have no points left for a glass 
of wine tonight.
Devil:  Ugh.  Now we're almost home.
Angel:  VICTORY!!!

And what was waiting for me when I got home?!?  A coupon book for Dunkin Doughnuts.  GAH!  Oh, and Wednesday night dinner was fish, so the Devil sooo should have won that battle.  And to top it all off, the next morning at bible study, what was sitting right in front of me?  A dozen doughnut.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had that converdations many times. WW was the system I used when I had to shed 50 lbs. of baby weight - twice!

Even today, I find myself mentally tracking points.

Lianne said...

The voices in my head would like to get together with the voices in your head to have a salad. Or a box of Oreos. Whatever.

CapeCoral28 said...

I love spark people... WW is not my friend...I alway gain weight when I do it...so strange..but I am now loosing weight on sparks.