Friday, February 20, 2009

Shoot for the moon!

When I was little, I remember my brother asking me what I wanted to be when I grew up.  My response?  A blue crayon.  After he told me I was stupid and couldn't be a blue crayon, I said, "Fine.  I'll be a yellow one."  Needless to say, I think my parents knew early on their second born was not going to be a doctor.

Strip has started talking a lot about what she is going to be when she grows up.  Usually when I ask her what she's going to be, she says, "Everything!"  I love it!  Don't limit yourself , kid!  

A few days ago we were in the car heading to the museum for a playdate.  Out of nowhere, she says, 

Strip: Mommy.  I know what I want to be when I grow up!
Me:    Oh good!  What do you want to be when you grow up?  
Strip: God.
Me:    Ok.  Why do you want to be God?  
Strip:  So I can make everything.
Me:  Well, I hate to break it to you, but there's already God,
so I don't think you can be God.
Strip:  No, I want to be God and I want to create things.
Me:    You can still create things without being God.  You can be
an architect and create buildings and houses or you can be
an artist and create beautiful things to look at.  Or you can
be a chef and create yummy food for people to eat.
Strip:  Hmmmm.  Nope, I think I'll just be God.

Way to aim big :-)

1 comment:

Lianne said...

Ha! Hey, I like the idea of being a crayon...that's a sweet thought!

If you want to dream, dream big! Don't you know God got a giggle out of that one? :)