Monday, February 8, 2010

C for Creative

This morning I was on the phone with Ma, and Strip started the tip-toe reach for a bag on my desk. I had already told her to leave it alone, but being 4, she "forgot." Not surprising 11 seconds later, I hear the shattering of glass.

Yay Mondays!

I told Ma I had to go collect all the little pieces of my bud vase/pen holder. The base is pewter, so it was fine, but there was no hope for the glass part. Here's a post-shatter pic:


She started crying hysterically. I told her I wasn't mad, but that's what happens when you don't listen to mommy.

Can we get another one?!

No, it's old and was given to me as a gift, so I'm not sure where it came from.

Can't we fix it?!?!

No, there are too many tiny pieces to glue back together.

WAAAAAHHHHHAAAAA!

She then dug around my desk (hello?! Did we just learn nothing?!) and disappeared into the basement with scissors and tape. About 20 minutes, she appeared, still tear-stained, holding this:


Notice the hand etched side? And it was already filled with pens and crayons. Gotta love that kid!

No comments: