Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's hard to believe it's been a year


But today is my checkup with my allergist. I'll be interested to see if I can start incorporating real food back into my diet. Although my allergies have been a pain to get use to, it's kind of been nice staying UNDER my goal weight while still enjoying cheesy mashed potatoes, nice filets and red wine without guilt.

But, Hubs and I want to take a nice little European vacation in a year or so, and I have no desire to learn my allergy list in 5 different languages.

The only other pain is carrying my epi pen. It was fine at first because I have a giant purse that held my wallet, 4 diapers, wipes, juice boxes, cell phone, 6 princesses, 4 cars, my epi pen and still had plenty of room (I'm Mary Poppins!). Now that we're diaper free travelers, It's a pain to lug that giant bag with nothing but my phone, wallet and epi pen. So if I still have to be epi-dependent, I've already picked out a cute little clutch that holds all my nessicities and nothing else (sorry McQueen, Mater and Belle).

Fingers crossed we don't discover anything ELSE I'm allergic to, though.

No comments: