Friday, January 9, 2009

He either really likes them, or is giving me fashion tips


When I was super pregnant with Nugget, I flew to my parents house for a bridal shower I was co-hosting and my cousin's baby's first birthday.  Because of flying restrictions and the fact that my bellybutton had turned inside out, I decided to treat myself to a new pair of shoes.  I didn't want to teeter around in heels, and the thought of lacing up tennis shoes with  a 20 month-old running around the airport just did not sound like fun.  So, I strolled in to Target and bought myself a lovely pair of black ballet flats that hubs has hated since I pulled them out of the bag.  It did not matter that they were on sale for $8, they were the ugliest pair of shoes he had ever seen.  They were, however, really easy to take on and off for security check-in and great for work, so I think I got my money's worth in that first month. 

So here we are, two years later, and I still have the same pair of (ugly) shoes.  Both kids were starting to smell, so I tossed them in the shower for a good scrubbing.  After a nice, relaxing tub, I let them have a little naked time while I got ready and dried their hair.  We have a nice sized bathroom that has a walk-in closet attached, so they get free reign over those two rooms and can entertain themselves for hours playing dress up in my heels.  That's what was happening today, until Nugget clomped into the closet and got quiet.  Strip walks in behind him and I hear, "Ooooooooooh mommy!"

"What is it?"

"He just tee-teed in your shoe!"

"Are you sure it's tee-tee, or is it drool?"

"Nope, it's tee-tee!"

Sure enough, in the middle of my closet was my poor little black ballet flat with a nice yellow puddle.  I've got to hand it to him, he has great aim.  As Strip was filling her dad in tonight, she added that she knew it was tee-tee because "there was a line, just shooting out of his body, into the shoe!  And I knew, it was tee-tee."

So, he was either claiming those as his own, or not-so-subtly telling me that the shoes were horrible and it was time to let them go.  They have now been retired to the garbage can.

No comments: