Thursday, January 22, 2009

Kids are the best

There is a really good sale on furniture at a local store.  We went in Sunday to look around and decided, tonight, to go back and buy Nugget his big boy bed.  Why?  Because I need something to write about :-)  Anyway, we ended up getting a great deal on a nice bed, but by the time we got the bed, picked up dog food and got some oatmeal, it was going to be waaaay too late for me to make mashed potatoes for Shepherd's Pie and get the kids to bed (and they were already loopy!).  So we decided to just have sandwitches and cook tomorrow.

We get home and plop the kids at the table, and I open the kitchen for requests; toasty cheese or peanut butter?  Strip's response:  You mean we get to have lunch for dinner?!?!?  WOW!  But wait, there's more!  After they finished their five star dinner, Strip went to get the ice cream out of the freezer, but because they were relatively clean and bedtime was fast approaching, I said, "No, no!  I have something else for you!" and extracted the organic bunny chocolate chip cookies that were in the back of the pantry.  Strip's response:  "WOW!  This must certainly be a special day!!"

I just love my kids :-)

No comments: